Civil Commitment is a hostage scheme to capture those US citizens that the public cares least about. Why? Because the state can add them to the state population and gain more congressional representatives as well as not have these hostages be able to vote. I have gone 22 years without a criminal offense. Yet, Virginia won’t release their cyclic grip of VCBR, release, and probation violation for anything that strikes their fancy. I am not permitted to leave the state and go home. How is that therapy. I took all of the classes and learned all there was to learn, yet I’m still held hostage. I even proved that for 10 of those years I was in society. We need to abolish the imaginary future crime detention laws.
Our vision for a just future
1. Abolish pre-crime preventative detention laws
2. Free our friends and loved ones from dehumanizing labels
3. Realign our justice system with the values of restoration and reintegration
Just Future Project is a new initiative focused on challenging pre-crime preventative detention laws. We are a people-driven grassroots advocacy campaign dedicated to building a movement of community members demanding an end to indefinite detention regimes.
Why Is This Important?
Pre-crime preventative detention systems are a dangerous departure from the traditional values of our legal system.
We believe in justice, that persons who have caused harm may be held accountable for their actions. But justice also demands proportionality and due process, elements essential to distinguish justice from mere vengeance. The goal of any true system of justice must be restoration and re-integration, not the perpetual containment and incapacitation that have come to define the U.S. criminal legal system.
- In Memoriam: Lives Lost While Imprisoned After Their Release Date in Kansas on
- Texas Coronavirus Advocacy Letter to Gov. Abbott on
- Texas Uses Failed Private Prison to Hold Civilly Committed Sex Offenders on
- In Memoriam: Lives Lost While Imprisoned After Their Release Date in Illinois on
- Shadow Prisoner Stabbed 14 Times at VCBR Facility on