Our vision for a just future
1. Abolish pre-crime preventative detention laws
2. Free our friends and loved ones from dehumanizing labels
3. Realign our justice system with the values of restoration and reintegration
Just Future Project is a new initiative focused on challenging pre-crime preventative detention laws. We are a people-driven grassroots advocacy campaign dedicated to building a movement of community members demanding an end to indefinite detention regimes.
Why Is This Important?
Pre-crime preventative detention systems are a dangerous departure from the traditional values of our legal system.
We believe in justice, that persons who have caused harm may be held accountable for their actions. But justice also demands proportionality and due process, elements essential to distinguish justice from mere vengeance. The goal of any true system of justice must be restoration and re-integration, not the perpetual containment and incapacitation that have come to define the U.S. criminal legal system.
- In Memoriam: Lives Lost While Imprisoned After Their Release Date in Kansas on
- Texas Coronavirus Advocacy Letter to Gov. Abbott on
- Texas Uses Failed Private Prison to Hold Civilly Committed Sex Offenders on
- In Memoriam: Lives Lost While Imprisoned After Their Release Date in Illinois on
- Shadow Prisoner Stabbed 14 Times at VCBR Facility on
I have been at VCBR for over 8 years. I made Phase 3 in 2011 with a recommendation for discharge. However, for some reason, I was put on phase probation. False information was put in my record. In 2015, I was demoted again to Phase 2 because I complained about clinical misconduct. In 2018, I was once again in Phase 3 with a recommendation for discharge. However, a new therapist joined our group besides the then current one. These 2 therapists undid all the accomplishments I made with my previous therapist who left. I complained about Ms. X. making fun…
I am labeled a registered sex offender in the state of Florida. I am college educated, raised in a home with loving parents who showed me, by their example, the benefits of hard work and honest living. I was never sexually abused in any way. My family history is made up of intelligent people from the fields of engineering, architecture, art and design. I inherited the artistic side of the family genes. Human faces fascinate me. They are beautiful no mater their age. Because of this fascination I have been branded a pedophile. I broke the law by looking at…