Do you have a gift for telling stories? Are you considering a career in journalism, media, advocacy, or as a writer? (Think outside the box, many political and marketing careers also depend on storytelling skills.) Do you also care about criminal justice reform, LGBTQ+ rights, or racial justice? Would you like to spend your semester helping to animate a grassroots advocacy campaign and conduct research into the impact of Kafkaesque systems on arguably the most marginalized populations in the United States? Just Future Project is seeking skilled writers interested in lending their talents to help us share the lived experiences of people harmed by…
Our vision for a just future
1. Abolish pre-crime preventative detention laws
2. Free our friends and loved ones from dehumanizing labels
3. Realign our justice system with the values of restoration and reintegration
Just Future Project is a new initiative focused on challenging pre-crime preventative detention laws. We are a people-driven grassroots advocacy campaign dedicated to building a movement of community members demanding an end to indefinite detention regimes.
Why Is This Important?
Pre-crime preventative detention systems are a dangerous departure from the traditional values of our legal system.
We believe in justice, that persons who have caused harm may be held accountable for their actions. But justice also demands proportionality and due process, elements essential to distinguish justice from mere vengeance. The goal of any true system of justice must be restoration and re-integration, not the perpetual containment and incapacitation that have come to define the U.S. criminal legal system.
- The Dobbs Wire: Rogue judge driven off the bench on
- How many are held under “sex offender civil commitment” laws? on
- In Memoriam: Lives Lost While Imprisoned After Their Release Date in Minnesota on
- Shadow Prisoner Stabbed 14 Times at VCBR Facility on
- Victory in Supreme Court of Virginia against out-of-control prosecution on