Phone Conferences Curtailed For Sex Offenders
Rick Karlin (Times Union), July 13, 2017
Our vision for a just future
1. Abolish pre-crime preventative detention laws
2. Free our friends and loved ones from dehumanizing labels
3. Realign our justice system with the values of restoration and reintegration
Just Future Project is a new initiative focused on challenging pre-crime preventative detention laws. We are a people-driven grassroots advocacy campaign dedicated to building a movement of community members demanding an end to indefinite detention regimes.
Why Is This Important?
Pre-crime preventative detention systems are a dangerous departure from the traditional values of our legal system.
We believe in justice, that persons who have caused harm may be held accountable for their actions. But justice also demands proportionality and due process, elements essential to distinguish justice from mere vengeance. The goal of any true system of justice must be restoration and re-integration, not the perpetual containment and incapacitation that have come to define the U.S. criminal legal system.
- Merry on In Memoriam: Lives Lost While Imprisoned After Their Release Date in Minnesota
- DAV on Shadow Prisoner Stabbed 14 Times at VCBR Facility
- Donna on Victory in Supreme Court of Virginia against out-of-control prosecution
- Jennifer Layne on VCBR Coronavirus Outbreak Prompts Virginia’s National Guard to Take Action
- Merry on Virginia Lawmakers Call Shadow Prisons “Appalling”